...for little darlings & their darling mommas

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Girly Dresses

As I said, since learning to use my embroidery machine, I've been getting back into sewing.  I tend to pick up random patterns when they are on sale for $.99 each and fabric that I like, when it's on sale or I have a 50% off coupon.  Then I get home, see what I have, and figure out a plan.  Here are a couple of dresses I made recently for the girls.  They're not my favorite.  But they are functional, the girls LOVE them, and I was able to make them big since they tie in the back... so plenty of room to grow in them. 
 Sweet Emma Cate.  I loved this fabric.  Very summery.  
The trim is pink w/ white polka dots but you can't really tell in the photo. 
 Silly Ashlyn. And please notice the stack of bracelets she put on 
when I told her I needed her to model for me. She's my fashionista.  ;)  
I really didn't like this fabric when I first saw it on the clearance rack.  I actually thought it was quite awful.  But it was $3/ yd and the more I looked at it, the more I knew my Ash would love it.  
Paired w/ the dark purple swirly trim, it turned out quite nicely. 
Also, note the hairbow.  I'll post more about them later.  
You can get one for $3, or with a single letter monogram for $4
 Sweet
 and sassy!
the boy was feeling left out...
and that's just cute!

4 comments:

  1. They are so sweet, I could just eat them up! And the dresses are lovely too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these dresses! Hannah would wear one every day if she had those. She loves dresses more than pants!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are sooo big! I can't believe how much the girls have grown. CUTENESS!!

    ReplyDelete