...for little darlings & their darling mommas

Saturday, July 30, 2011

From placemats... to handbags

Alright, so I mentioned in the last post that I made pool/beach towels for Easter baskets.  
I've also mentioned that I like practical and affordable... hence the towels in the baskets.  
A "get ready for summer" theme.  
So, my kids got $3 sunglasses from Children's place, $2.50 flip-flops from Old Navy, goldfish, fruit snacks, and a few pieces of candy.  We're not crazy about lots of sweets over here.  My kids are plenty active w/o them.  ;) 

I came across these super sweet, girly-girl pink placemats at Marshalls for $1.50 each and just had to turn them into super sweet, girly-girl purses.  With a little ribbon and a little sewing, and a magnet clasp... they got these for Easter too.  
I was really pleased with these fonts paired together.  
Here's a closer look.

We love these bags.  The girls use them for church mostly, with a small case of crayons and a small snack.  
And they feel like big girls with their purses.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment